Sunday, May 2, 2010

Art Night: Proposal

Last week, I decided to print only three photodocument images. This leaves me with two additional opportunities to print for art night. The first photograph I would like to take was inspired by an artist I found during the week that we were 'cultivating our photoblogs.' I'm interested in emulating images from the photographer Collier Schorr's work, Blumen. In this series, she constructs wired arrangements of wild flowers and photographs them in a natural environment. I plan to shoot this first image next weekend, (5/7 - 5/10), because I think that creating these arrangements will require daylight and a significant amount of time. Fortunately, I don't think that I will need to spend much time photoshopping these images during the week.


My second image for art night will feature the new photoshop technique. Right now, I am still choosing between two techniques that I am interested in trying. The first would give my photo a 'cinematic, or movie effect.' If I do use this, I think I will photograph an urban area, probably Albany. I don't anticipate including models; I would rather emphasize a typically 'gritty' landscape. I will probably shoot this with a long depth of field. I plan to take this photo after school one day this week, hopefully Tuesday night (5/4). This way I can experiment with photoshop in class on Wednesday. The second technique that I like is 'the lomo effect.' For this, I think I will photograph retired, dilapidated machinery. Luckily, my neighbor has lots of unused equipment like this. I think that I will take this photo next weekend as well, because I will need daylight. Also, where I plan to take this image is close to where I will construct the wildflower arrangement.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good, Hannah. Be sure to keep an eye on the weather for the weekend and have a back-up plan just in case it's rotten outside on both Sat and Sun.

    ReplyDelete