

Image 1:
I chose this image by Jock Sturges because I think that it is at once beautiful and unsettling, even frightening, which is a similar sensation to what I would like to create.
Image 2:
I chose this image by Minor White because I think he's really successful at capturing a simplistic subject in an interesting way. This image depicts only two structures and the shadow of a telephone pole, yet it is still visually stimulating, and I think this is the result of the artistic choices that he makes (such as the viewpoint, the time of day that he shoots the photo, the lighting.) In addition, I would like to achieve a similar mood in my picture book; an eerie, almost lonely or desolate tone.
Image 3:
I chose this image because I think that it is an example of how a photographer can play with the viewer's expectations. In this photo, the model's aggressive gesture and masculine form, contrast sharply with his/her more effeminate profile and beautiful clothing. In this model, Mapplethorpe has created an androgynous figure: one that embodies both the masculine and feminine. I would like to experiment with this idea in that I will photograph a house, which is often a symbol of comfort or security; however, in this case, it will portray something more disquieting.
Image 4:
I chose this image by Richard Avedon because although it is in black and white, it is still striking. Also, I'm just a fan of the photograph.



No comments:
Post a Comment