I have had trouble thinking of a community that I would like to photograph for this project. Over the weekend I tentatively decided to 'document' cigarette smokers, but I'm not sure if this qualifies as a definite community, or is more of a behavior. I will photograph my subjects wherever I find them; I think that it would be easy to stereotype smokers, because there are so many cultural associations that go along with the habit. To avoid creating a set of images that looks like an advertisement, I will try to represent a broad demographic of cigarette smokers, in their 'natural environment.' Realistically, I think that I will shoot my images over the weekend of April 23, so I will have my 15 images to edit in class on Monday. I plan to have finished editing these photos either before class on Wednesday, or, if we are given that period to work, then by the end of class on Wednesday.
Other ideas that I am considering are:
-city transportation
-city parks
-armed forces recruiting stations
Good start, Hannah, but I do need to see your self-imposed "due dates."
ReplyDelete